CREATIVE GROUP PROJECT #1

‘Ive been away but now I’m back’

Bar scene from the Shining

As a group we brainstormed ideas for out collaborative project. The future seemed to be the prevailing theme, specifically using the future to represent or reflect the past or present. We settled on the title being a quote from the bar scene in the movie ‘the shining’,  as the past and present seem to melt together in this scene. The quote is ‘Ive been away, but now I’m back’. To me this title evokes nostalgia, change or development of self, a strong sense of environment and a sense of harmony or balance. 

My Track: 

I think I would like to create a soundscape, possibly built from a sound walk. My intention is that hopefully using a recording of a sound walk will ground the listener in a familiar reality, everyone knows the sound of walking through nature. By using this familiar base, I can hopefully build a subtle soundscape around it, invoking these themes I named above (nostalgia, change….). I also want to use an auditory pallet that reflects my idea of the future, clean, crisp, a harmony between mechanical and organic. I might also experiment with sampling songs, specifically songs that have strong place in my memory, a particular album places me at a specific moment in my past every time I hear it. This might be a fun avenue to explore but I’m not quite sure how I can utilise this yet.